Fall is an awesome time for kids. There is so much to do with visits to pick pumpkins or apples, baking and the exploring the wonderful colors.
This page contains affiliate links meaning I earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust.
I’ve put together some fall themed ideas below with books, crafts, and activities for you to do at home. You can easily do one theme a week or mix them up. I did these themes last week with my 2.5-year-old and she loved them. I plan to do them again this year.
- The Farm
- Carrot & Potato Painting
- Fingerprint sheep- found at @craftmorning.com
- Move and sound like animals
- Make animal masks
- Old Macdonald
- Farmyard visit
- Fisher-Price Little People: Let’s Go to the Farm
- Spot Goes to the Farm board book
- Big Red Barn
- Eric Carle: Around the Farm
- Barnyard Dance!
- Farm Animals
- Color sorting – red and green apples
- Bake an apple pie
- Make apple sauce
- Apple Bobbing
- Paint with apples
- Apple Pie Playdoh – found at emmaowl.com
- Apple picking
- Ten Red Apples
- Apple Farmer Annie
- The Apple Pie Tree
- Ten Apples Up On Top!
- Peppa Goes Apple Picking
- Apple Picking Day!
- Up Up Up! It’s Apple Picking Time
- Catch a falling leaf game
- Fall leaf painting- lay leaves on paper and paint over them. Remove the leaves to reveal pretty silhouettes.
- Match fall colors with paint swatches – Found at littlebinsforlittlehands.com
- Dry leafs and make artwork using Ikea frames.
- Make a Fall wreath – Cut a donut circle from cardstock and let the children decorate it.
- Make leaf people on popsicle sticks – Found at happyhomefairy.com
- Nature walk to collect leaves
- Visit a park to jump in piles of leaves
- Fletcher and the Falling Leaves
- We’re Going on a Leaf Hunt
- Fall Leaves: Colorful and Crunchy
- Mouse’s First Fall
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves!
- Pumpkin sensory bin
- Give pumpkins a bath in the sink
- Pumpkin decorating (with stickers and markers)
- Bake pumpkin muffins
- Glitter Gourds – Use Modge Podge to cover mini gourds in glitter
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Duck and Goose Find a Pumpkin
- The Very Best Pumpkin
- Peter Rabbit and the Pumpkin Patch
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- Pumpkin Day!
- Too Many Pumpkins
- Corn shakers
- Corn shucking
- Bake corn bread
- Painting with corn ears
- Cheerio Corn on Cob – found on gluedtomycraftsblog.com
- Corn Maze
- Corn Aplenty (Step into Reading)
- Bob & Rob & Corn on the Cob
- The Cajun Cornbread Boy
- Julius’s Candy Corn
- Carlos and the Cornfield / Carlos y la milpa de maiz
More Fall Activities and ideas:
Create the perfect pin in minutes!
How I get over 75,000 page views a month from Pinterest
Learn all the tricks to designing a viral pin for free!