Every year I like to make an ornament with the kids and the snow globe ornament I made this year is the easiest yet! The ornament is so fun to make and you can do a ton of different styles and colors so that your tree isn’t too mismatched!
I got the idea from one of my friends. On her wedding day, her mom handed her a big box full of Christmas ornaments to hang on the tree in her marital home. In the box there was one ornament from each year of her life. I just love that tradition.
**I was compensated for this post. This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
For this simple craft, I got almost everything I needed at Dollar Tree which made it a frugal craft as well as an easy one! You may not be aware but you can order online at DollarTree.com if you don’t have a store near you.
Everything I bought was a dollar and I had plenty of supplies left afterward for more crafts and activities for the holidays.
What You’ll Need for the Snow Globe Ornament:
- Green Foam sheets (I bought these Christmas tree foam sheets so we could do more crafts throughout the season)
- Glitter glue or other decorations
- One large clear plastic ornament
- Sequins or crafters faux snow for the snow
- Hot glue gun
- Ornament marker or sharpie
- Either using a cookie cutter or freehand, draw the shape of a Christmas tree on the foam and cut it out
- Decorate the small tree as desired, using glitter glue or jewels and sequins
- Balance the ball on a glass and put a thin line of hot glue on the bottom of the tree, fold it and carefully slide it into the clear plastic ornament. If it’s too tricky, you can add the glue at the top of the ornament and have it “floating”.
- Add glitter or sequins to the bottom of the ornament using your fingers or a funnel.
- Close the ornament and write the year or child’s name with the ornament marker.
The Final Snow Globe Ornament!
More Holiday Fun!
Money Saving Tips in your inbox!
Subscribe to get my latest content by email.