Fall is an awesome time for kids. There is so much to do with visits to pick pumpkins or apples, baking and the exploring the wonderful colors.
It’s also a great time to teach them about nature and the seasons changing with day trips and craft projects.
This page contains affiliate links meaning I earn a commission if you use those links. Please see my affiliate disclosure for more details.
I’ve put together some preschool themes for fall complete with ideas for books, crafts, and activities for you to do at home or the classroom. You can easily do one theme a week or mix them up.
I did these themes last year with my 2.5-year-old and she loved them. I plan to do them again this year with both my girls.
4 Fall Themes For Preschoolers
Apple picking is the perfect Fall tradition. We love going apple picking on Thanksgiving weekend which is in mid-October in Canada.
Apple crafts & Activities
- Color sorting – red and green apples
- Bake an apple pie
- Make apple sauce
- Apple Bobbing
- Paint with apples
- Apple Pie Playdoh – found at emmaowl.com
- Apple picking
Books about apples
- Ten Red Apples
- Apple Farmer Annie
- The Apple Pie Tree
- Ten Apples Up On Top!
- Peppa Goes Apple Picking
- Apple Picking Day!
- Up Up Up! It’s Apple Picking Time
Crafts & Activities
- Catch a falling leaf game
- Fall leaf negative space painting- found at The Many Little Joys
- Match fall colors with paint swatches – Found at littlebinsforlittlehands.com
- Dry leafs and make artwork using Ikea frames.
- Make a Fall wreath – Cut a donut circle from cardstock and let the children decorate it.
- Make leaf people on popsicle sticks – Found at happyhomefairy.com
- Nature walk to collect leaves
- Visit a park to jump in piles of leaves
- A great idea for a field trip is to do a Fall scavenger hunt like this free printable one found at Yellow Bliss Road.
Books about leaves
- Fletcher and the Falling Leaves
- We’re Going on a Leaf Hunt
- Fall Leaves: Colorful and Crunchy
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves!
Pumpkin crafts & activities
- Pumpkin sensory bin
- Give pumpkins a bath in the sink
- Bake pumpkin muffins
- Glitter Gourds – Use Mod Podge to cover mini gourds in glitter
- Make cute Painted rock pumpkins – from Easypeasyandfun.com
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Duck and Goose Find a Pumpkin
- The Very Best Pumpkin
- Peter Rabbit and the Pumpkin Patch
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- Pumpkin Day!
- Too Many Pumpkins
Activities & crafts about corn
- Corn shakers
- Corn shucking
- Bake corn bread
- Painting with corn ears
- Cheerio Corn on Cob – found on gluedtomycraftsblog.com
- Visit a Corn Maze
Books about corn
- Corn Aplenty (Step into Reading)
- Bob & Rob & Corn on the Cob
- The Cajun Cornbread Boy
- Julius’s Candy Corn
- Carlos and the Cornfield / Carlos y la milpa de maiz
More Fall Activities and ideas:
Start A Blog That Makes Money
Ready to start a blog and make money from home?
In this FREE 5 day email course, I will show you the exact steps I took to take my mom blog from $0 to a consistent $2000 a month within 4 months.