If you do a search for blog traffic on Pinterest, you will get hundreds of results promising you the “10 ways to boost your blog” and “Grow your traffic like crazy”. Read on for my Traffic Transformation Review and see what really worked for me.
When I first started blogging, I think I read almost every single one of those articles, took notes and tried the different techniques (which often contradict each other, by the way).
This page contains affiliate links meaning I earn a commission if you use those links. Please read my Disclosure for more information.
What I realized through my research is that sometimes a tactic will work for one person but that doesn’t actually mean it’s a tactic that works for everyone else.
Maybe they got lucky, maybe they just have awesome content that would do well even if they had awful, dark, square pins (the horror!) and no social media presence, or maybe they just have a ton more Facebook friends than me who share their content?
While I was in the midst of pondering this, I came across an ebook that actually seemed to have some techniques that might be universal. I read it through 3 times, made a lot of notes and started slowly implementing the strategies and, I really think that this might be it!
The ebook, Traffic Transformation Guide: 21 Strategies I Used to Increase My Monthly Page Views from 17k to 400k+ in 10 Months may have a bit of a clunky title but inside the content is concise, clear and easy to understand.
It’s written with the newer blogger in mind, but would be really useful for anyone who is struggling to grow their traffic and who feels like they are juggling a million balls between social media, marketing, and just publishing great content.
My Honest Traffic Transformation Review
What Traffic Transformation covers:
- The blog promoting strategies we all do that you should quit right now
- What kinds of posts do well and what ones tank.
- How to use Google Analytics to plan your blog content
- How to create continuous blog traffic from the same post again and again
- The things you need to do as soon as you publish a new post
- How to use less common social media such as Google +
- How to prepare for algorithm changes and other things you can’t control
As is probably clear from the book title (no ambiguity here), the author, Lena Gott of the blog ” What Mommy Does” grew her blog to 400K page views in just 10 months!
As a result of the new traffic, she increased her monthly blog income from $600 to over $7000 which is amazing and goes to show that it IS all about the traffic.
Who should take the Traffic Transformation course?
Anyone who feels pulled in a million directions when it comes to what to do to increase page views will benefit highly from this course.
I think it is great for the blogger who wants to learn how to quickly grow their blog traffic and maximize their time for the biggest return on investment possible.
What I love about Traffic Transformation
- It’s a quick, easy read. I’m not a huge fan of video courses right now as I am often trying to do blog stuff while feeding the baby a bottle or when the kids are napping so the less noise, the better.
- It is highly actionable. I like getting homework and I like giving myself a to-do list with steps that I can achieve a little at a time.
- The “what not to do” guide. Maybe it’s just me but I feel like there is so much that we are told we should be doing to get traffic. Who has the time? I love that Lena cuts to the chase on what is worth spending time on and what isn’t based on her own research.
Who is the book not for?
Well, if you already have 500K+ page views, this may not be the book for you.
That being said, I bet even you could learn something from some of Lena’s strategies on how to pick topics that work or how to use the lesser known social media outlets.
How do I get my hands on the book?
So you’ve read my Traffic Transformation Review and are interested in checking it out? Well the great news is that Lena updates the book all the time.
In fact, it just had a major update with tons more information and sections. It currently costs $79 which is a good price for so much actionable information.
The information is so valuable and useful that I think I made back my money in Google Adsense alone in the first few weeks. And you know how slow going that is!
You can learn more about the book and purchase it here: Traffic Transformation.
If $79 is a bit too steep for you right now but you still need to grow your traffic, download the free Blog Traffic Bonus Guide from Lena, it has a lot of tips and ideas to grow your traffic. You can download it here.
Free guide to making Pins that bring traffic!
This free ebook will show you the best practices to creating pins that get noticed and bring traffic to your blog or affiliate links.