Creating a winter bucket list has become a fun tradition in my family. Once the bustle and fun of the Holiday season is over, winter can seem a bit depressing. The lights and decorations are all taken down and Spring seems years away.
The key to really making the most of the season is to find fun activities that you can do that will help you make the most of the long winter months before you get cabin fever!
Creating a winter bucket list of things you want to do before the ground starts to thaw will help you stay on track.
Unlike summer and fall, it is not as easy to find free or low-cost activities in the winter but the list below will help you stick to a budget and stay frugal all winter long.
Winter Bucket List for Families
- Build a Snowman (or snow family)
- Make Hot Chocolate and try different flavor toppings
- Have a cozy movie night in
- Go Ice-Skating
- Make a bird feeder to hang outside
- Make paper snowflakes for the windows
- Celebrate Chinese New Year
- Make snow angels
- Hide in a blanket fort
- Make handmade Valentine’s cards
- Have a snowball fight
- Do spray-painting in the snow
- Play a new board game
- Go Bowling
- Try snowshoeing
- Make frozen bubbles in the backyard
- Go for a winter walk and learn about hibernation
- Make a snow fort
- Take a sleigh-ride
- Create Hand print Photo Frames for Valentine gifts
- Bake snowflake shaped cookies
- Have a pajama day
- Go to a hockey game
- Visit the library and pick out new books
- Make a snowy sensory bin with shaving cream
More Fun Family Ideas: