If you find the Christmas season passes by way too quickly, this list of holiday traditions for families will ensure you don’t miss out on all the fun once the December stress starts.
Starting new traditions creates fun memories that will last long after the holidays are over.
This page contains affiliate links meaning I earn a commission if you use those links. I only recommend brands I use and trust.
This list of 20 fun and festive holiday traditions are sure to become family favourites.
From making ornaments to teaching your children about kindness, the joy and hope of the season will come alive as you cross each item from your list.
If you have a new baby this year, make sure to check out our list of Christmas Traditions to Start With Baby.
20 Holiday Traditions For Families
1.Decorate a gingerbread house
2. Deliver baked goods to the neighbors
3. Visit a Christmas tree farm and choose a tree
4. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or shelter
5. Take a neighborhood stroll and do the Christmas Scavenger Hunt
7. Sponsor a child through an Angel tree or Church
8. Bake holiday cookies
9. Do a Christmas lights tour in a new neighbourhood
10 Take a photo with Santa or take some DIY Christmas photos at home.
11. Have an ugly sweater party – Amazon has a great selection
12. Watch a pantomime or ballet like The Nutcracker
13. Read a different holiday book each night
14. Perform a random act of kindness like this one.
15. Go ice skating
16. Have a Christmas movie marathon
17. Make hot chocolate with candy canes and marshmallows
18. Write a letter to Santa – get lots of templates here.
19. Go on a sleigh or wagon ride
20. Make a Hand Print Gift for a family member
More Christmas Ideas!
Money Saving Tips in your inbox!
Subscribe to get my latest content by email.